So I have decided to add a recipe page. Anyone who knows me knows I do not claim to be a good cook. However, I love appitizers, side dishes and desserts. So most of the good recipes I had before gluten free I figures out ways to make them gluten free. I will continue to add recipes as I make them. So please enjoy. Gluten free apple crisp. http://www.thehonestdietitian.com/2016/09/five-ingredient-gluten-free-apple-crisp.html Ingredients:
- 6 apples (I used gala apples)
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (I used Glutino’s GF Old Fashioned Yellow Cake Mix)
- 1 stick of butter
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Peel the skin off of your apples and thinly slice them. Place sliced apples in a bowl with the cinnamon and sugar and stir apples until they are coated with the cinnamon and sugar. Place the apple mixture in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover the top of the apples with the yellow cake mix. Melt the stick of butter and pour over the cake mix. Make sure to take a spoon and spread the butter so it coats over all of the cake mix. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Enjoy alone or with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream
Mini Donuts – This uses the mini donut maker you ind in stores now. Prepare the Donut Maker with non-stick spray, and heat the Donut Maker according to the instructions.
Put in mixing bowl and combine:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour ( I use Better Batter)
1/4 cup sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt Add and blend just until the ingredients are mixed well and dough is creamy:
1/4 cup half and half
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil Immediately scoop the batter into the donut models. Close the lid and bake for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the Donut Maker and rest on a wire rack. Top with icing, confectioner’s sugar or cinnamon sugar.
I use the Libby’s easy pumpkin pie mix and follow the directions on the can. Using Gluten Free of course. I usually get a pie crust at whole foods. Add whip cream and no one knows the difference. enjoy.
- 1 can (30 oz.) LIBBY’S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix – Gluten free
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk – Gluten free
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 unbaked Gluten Free 9-inch (4-cup volume) pie shell
- Follow directions on the back of the can.
Both of these next 2 recipes can be found on the Betty Crocker Gluten free recipe page. Search Betty Crocker gluten free if you want to look at them. We love these chocolate cookies. We have not made the crinkle ones yet but they look great.
Gluten-Free Quick Mix Chocolate Cookies
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Gluten Free devil’s food cake mix 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 eggs 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix all ingredients except sugar with spoon until dough forms.
- 2 Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 2 inches apart.
- 3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes, before storing in tightly covered container.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkles
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled 2 cups granulated sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla 4 eggs 2 1/2 cups Bisquick™ Gluten Free mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in Bisquick mix until dough forms. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- 2 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets with shortening or cooking spray. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- 3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
One of my favorite.
Gluten-Free Bisquick™ Snickerdoodles
- 2 Eggs 1 1/4 cups sugar 1/4 cup butter, softened 1/4 cup shortening 2 cups Bisquick™ Gluten Free mix 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, mix eggs, 1 cup of the sugar, the butter and shortening. Stir in Bisquick mix until dough forms.
- 2 In small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. (If dough feels too soft for shaping into balls, put dough in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.) Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
You can find this recipe on the Betty Crocker gluten free recipes page.
Chocolate Chip Cookies – Using Pamela’s baking mix
You will never know these are gluten free – INGREDIENTS:
- 7 TBSP butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (1½ cups chips for chocolate lovers)
- Optional: ½ cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugars together. Mix in egg and vanilla, then dry mix. Add chocolate chips and nuts and incorporate. Place scoops of dough (1 TBSP sized) on parchment lined or greased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten. Bake for approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Let cookies cool slightly and use a spatula to remove from cookie sheet.
Blueberry swirl cheesecake. 1 cup Kinnikinnick graham style crumbs – or crush Kinnikinnick graham crackers. 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp Sugar 3 Tbsp butter melted 4 Pkg Philadelphia Cream cheese softened 1 tsp vanilla GF 1 cup GF Sour Cream 4 eggs 1 can Blueberry pie filling Gluten free Preheat oven 325 Mix crumbs, 3Tbsp sugar and butter. Press firmly onto the bottom of 13 x 9 baking pan. Bake 10 min Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each just until blended. Pour over crust. Puree blueberries in blender. Gently drop spoonfuls of pureed blueberries over batter; swirl with knife. Bake 45 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours. Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve.
1 Pkg (8oz)Philadelphia Cream cheese softened 1 can Gluten free Artichoke hearts, drained and chopped 2 Tbsp butter melted 1 glove garlic Minced. ( I usually get mine from a jar) 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese (Gluten Free) Spread cream cheese onto bottom of microwaveable 9 inch pie plate. Mix artichokes, butter and garlic, Spoon evenly over cream cheese, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese Microwave on High for 1 min or until heated through – It usually takes me a few minutes. Server with Gluten free chips. Strawberry shortcake 1⁄2 cup butter 1 cup icing sugar (powder sugar) 4 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup cornstarch 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12-muffin pan. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, using electric mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and baking powder together and add slowly to the creamed mixture. (If added too quickly, it will fly about the kitchen.). Mix until well blended. Fill the greased muffin tins half full. Bake for 15 minutes. (Test with a toothpick, after 15 minutes, even if the top looks shiny). Remove from the pan while still warm. (They will look like little cupcakes.But trust me they will taste just like little shortcakes). Serve topped with strawberries, and whipped cream. Fruit Pizza
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce (check to make sure GF)
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- ½ cup your favorite shredded cheese
- 1.PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- 2.COMBINE all ingredients and spoon into shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- 3.BAKE 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish with chopped green onions if desired. Serve with corn chips or vegetables.
Stuffed portabella mushroom You can grill or bake in the oven 300 degrees. grill about 4 min each side or bake 10 min each side. Place bottom side up first. Mix cooked chicken with diced tomato’s, onion, cheese and olive oil, or anything you want to put in the mushroom. Flip the mushroom and stuff the inside of the mushroom and grill for 4 more minutes our until cheese melts or bake for about 10 more minutes or until cheese melts. serve, it is that simple. You can stuff with whatever you like.
You will need to purchase a waffle cone maker. Most stores have them or you can order on-line.
You can get creative and dip in chocolate or sprinkles or whatever you like.
2 1/2 T Gf vanilla extract
7/8 cup sugar
1/2 c plus 2T butter
1 1/4 GF Flour ( I use Better Batter Gluten free Flour)
3/4 t xantham gum
1/2 t GF vanilla powder ( I never have this and just make it without)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t baking soda
1 1/4 t baking powder
Melt butter and set aside to cool.
Whisk together sugar, xantham gum, flour, baking powder, baking soda. salt and vanilla powder and set aside.
In large mixing bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and blend well and stir in butter.
Follow the directions that came with the waffle cone maker.
You can also use a bowl to make waffle bowls.