If you are new to baking Gluten free for the holidays here are a few tips you might not know about.
- You cannot take your old recipes and just change the flour to a rice flour or gluten free blend. They will not turn out the same. You need to either use a recipe just for Gluten free or use a flour like Better batter that converts your old recipes cup for cup.
- There are a lot of Gluten free cookie options out there. Check my recipe section for some ideas. Search the internet but I would say stay on sites you have heard of.
- Some items like Fudge and cheese cake are already Gluten free. You just need to change the graham cracker bottom to a gluten free graham cracker.
- It takes a lot of trial and error to find you perfect Gluten free cookies.
- I make the following and no one can taste the difference.
- Chocolate chip cookies – I use Pamela’s mix.
- Chocolate chocolate cookies.
- sugar cookies.
- Betty Crocker, Land o lake both have Gluten free sections with recipes.
Good luck and have a Happy Holiday season.